Saturday, January 31, 2009

Reeder Snow Day

The gang: Mom, Trevor, Melissa, Allen, Sarah & Stu
Stu and Sarah at Solitude Resort

Today was the 1st Reeder Snow Day. I have been married to Stu now for over 2 years and I have yet to go skiing with his family. Well...today we did. It was so much fun to get out and play. It was the 1st time this year I had been out and it was a BLAST. Everyone was able to come except for Karly and her fiance Mike. Everyone brought out their skis except myself and Allen, we boarded.

We headed up to Solitude on a clear Saturday. The weather was perfect. Not cold at all. The only thing that could have made this day more perfect is if we got powder to play in, but I was not complaining.

Stu and I arrived around 9 AM where as the rest of the group showed up about 11 AM. We played till about 3:00PM and then called it a day.

To help save money on lunch (the lunches at the resorts are SOOO expensive) we brought Stu's camping stove and made chili from a can. It worked great and only cost us about $1.50. Now that is what I call a lunch!

Sarah in front of one of the runs

Stu making our lunch of chili

2 comments:

Ash said...

Wow I bet that was so much fun! Rich wants to go boarding so bad. Every year he updates his gear. Get he buys something new, then something comes up and he cant go. I wont show him your pic's.

Page said...

Looks like fun but I still don't miss the snow! The temple open house looked wonderful as well, we have been trying to talk about temples in FHE lately and I would LOVE to take the kids to an open house! PS They were just in Richfield not youe necl of the woods- if we ever do make it your way we'll call.