Friday, January 16, 2009

And the Utes came marching in...

To honor the Utah Utes winning the Sugar Bowl and becoming the only football team to stay undefeated in the nation, the state of Utah held a parade for them. Since I had some overtime that I needed to get rid of, I met Stu downtown to watch the parade. I was amazed at the amount of people that showed up. There were a TON. The parade ended at Washington Square where some key speakers addressed the crowd including coach Whittingham and the Utes quarter back Brian Johnson. It was fun to be a part of it. The only down slide was that in my hurry to get down town I parked in a spot I should not have and when we got back to our car we had a boot. $80 later we got the boot off. This stupid boot ruined the evening for Stu and I, but come Saturday morning the sun was shining and everything was okay.

Stu and Sarah at the parade

Look at all the Utah Fans!!

Stu and Sarah at the prep rally held after the game

3 comments:

Page said...

I'm so glad you guys got to be there for that.. It's fun that you are so close and can be a part of everything!

Alison Hixson said...

Looks like fun, even though that sea of red is making me feel nauseous! jk! I am glad you guys went and had fun! They did great this year!

Ash said...

I want fun posts!!!! How about I trade you for a couple weeks. You can do the "woo-hoo she pee'd in the potty post" and I can do the fun games and vacation posts. They are super cute and there are only 3...please Sarah!!!!???? :) :)