Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Draper Temple

Tonight my family had the opportunity to visit the open house of the Draper, Utah temple. It was exciting because my whole family (minus the dad) was able to go and it was fun to be able to walk through a temple with my siblings who have never been through one. My 'big' little brother Coleman that has not shown much interest in the church came and even dress-up in a nice suit. He looked very fetching I might say. And Stu (who I am lucky lets me hang on his arm :)) looked dashing as well.

The temple was beautiful as all temples are. My favorite rooms were the bridal suite and the celestial room. The celestial room had a 30 foot chandelier that just sparkled in the light. The bottom part of the doom rotated ever so slightly and just created a magical feeling. It was breath-taking. Since one is not allowed to take pictures inside the temple-here is a link to the pictures that were released by the church: Draper Temple

After the temple we headed out to eat and ended up at TGI Friday's. It was so much fun to just hang out and chill with my family. That's what forever families are all about!Leah kissing Coleman, Stu & Sarah, Mom is licking her lips (she was hungry) and little Cannon

5 comments:

Sonia said...

I'm so glad you had that opportunity to share the temple with your brother. I also have family members that are not interested, so I know how neat it can be to have them to events like this. I have invited my Catholic friend (whom I just LOVE) to come see it, and she is very excited to see inside what she has always been curious about!

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

Sounds like a great time! And cute family picture!!

Unknown said...

That's a great picture. I'm hoping we can make it to the open house.

Ash said...

How fun, you are so lucky. I wish I lived in that direction so I could have seen it!

Miss Liz said...

I'm so excited. We get to go on the 27th. We are taking Jaydon with us. I can't wait. How are you guys? Long time no see!