Today is our 2nd wedding anniversary. I can't believe that 2 years has come and gone already. I told Stu it was his turn to plan the anniversary. I told him I didn't care what we did...but to remember that I am a romantic. Till this morning I had no idea what we were doing. He told me we had to be ready to leave by noon so before we left we gave each other our anniversary presents. Since I am big on traditions, I told Stu right after we got married that we would give the "Traditional" gifts for anniversaries. And for the 2nd year, the traditional gift was COTTON. Stu got me a 100% cotton purple robe and 2 cotton roses. I made Stu an apron for him to wear in the kitchen. (Last time I sewed was in Jr. High, so needless to say...nothing but my love is sewn into his apron)
Our traditional gifts of cotton-a robe +2 cotton roses and an apron.
Wrapped up in my cotton robe was a note stating that we had a reservation at 1PM at the spa. We headed out the door and after a quick lunch at Cutlers, we arrived at Beyond Spa in Layton for a relaxing 50 min massage followed by a pedicure. Each place we went to had rose petals thrown all over the place. Honestly...it was really neat and very romantic!
Our massage beds
Stu and Sarah after their massage, it was AWESOME!!
Our pedicure chairs complete with rose petals in the water
We were given snacks to eat and sparkling cider to drink while we had our pedicure
Stu with his 'cool' eye patches
After our spa day we hurried home to get ready to Jake and Ashley's wedding. Stu met both Jake and Ashely in nursing school and with some pushing on Stu's part he finally got Jake to ask Ashley out about a year ago. When Jake told Stu they were getting married Stu was ECSTATIC. He asked Jake "When are you getting married". "January 3rd" was Jake's reply. Stu was tickled pink to know that they were getting married on such a special day in his life. We were invited to their wedding on the 23rd floor of the Wells Fargo building at 5PM. The wedding was BEAUTIFUL. Just breath taking. Stu and I both agreed it was a very nice anniversary gift to be able to spend a special day with Jake and Ashley. We left the reception so we could have our anniversary dinner at Market Street Grill and then came home to watch our own wedding video. Overall, Stu did an AMAZING job with our anniversary. Good thing I have a year to plan #3.
Sarah and Stu at the wedding
Jake and Ashley Savage, Stu and Sarah

4 comments:
Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary! You guys look like you had such a good time, I guess he earned brownie points for that one!
Happy HAPPY Anniversary to both of you!!! Love you both!!
OK a couple things here. I had to go thru like 18 of page's friends and fam to find you. 2-congrats on the 2 year!! And 3- I totally sympathize with the gallbladder thing. I was diagnosed with stones in 02. They stopped counting at 9 DOZEN! By the time I had an emer. c-section to get a baby out before it burst, and when I finally got insurance it was end of 05. They had all molded together into like a chunk of cement. It was nasty but such a relief!
That looked really nice. They should integrate the massage with the pedicure chairs. Then you have a Pedicure Massage Chair.
Post a Comment