ME!!!
My birthday is/was on the 24th. I was blessed this year to have a 3 day weekend for my birthday since Memorial Day fell on the 25th. Sunday birthday's are not always the funniest because you can't really go out and party, but this year...we did (sort of)
Saturday the 23rd-
Stu told me that we had plans at 1:00 and of course he would not tell me why. I had to cancel my hair appointment for these plans and I was not too happy about that. (I wanted to look hot for my birthday). Saturday at 1:00 Stu drives us to the Red Iguana in Salt Lake. I see my friends Brandon and Michelle sitting outside the restaurant and I find out we are waiting for the rest of our party. They take us to be seated and I am thinking surprise party. We get to our table and it is empty except for Brandon, Michelle their 2 kids and Stu and I. 5 empty seats are next to me. Next think I know I have someone putting their hands over my eyes and I hear "Happy Birthday". I turn around and one of my best friends from New York is standing there. Amanda was flying to California and planned a 2 hour layover so she could come do lunch with all of us. I was so shocked. She had been planning this (with the help of my husband) for months. Her time with us was so short (she only had about 55 min before she had to get back to the airport) so it didn't all sink in till she left what she did for me and I got really emotional. What an awesome present! I thought that was so thoughtful. Thanks Amanda for such a great gift!
Amanda and Sarah at the Red Iguana Restaurant
Sunday May 24th:
Stu was really excited to give me my birthday gift. He was like a kid at Christmas. As soon as I opened my eyes on Sunday he said "Can we open your gift now??" We went downstairs and my gift was waiting all wrapped up and waiting to be opened. (We don't wrap in our family, so this was a big deal). Stu gave me the Cricket Machine which I was really excited for.
Sarah, Blue and her Cricket Machine
My mom asked if she could take us out to dinner for my birthday so the whole family (minus my big/little brother) came out and we went to the Olive Garden. After dinner we went back to our place to eat homemade Coca-Cola cake and play games. Overall, a very nice birthday!
Stu, Sarah, Leah, Cannon, Mom and Dad at the Olive Garden

4 comments:
What a sweetie honey - planning all that cool stuff for your birthday! Thumbs up to Stu and Happy Birthday Squarah!
Happy Birthday Sarah!! I hope Vaughn remembered to call you! That is so great you got to see Amanda! How is she doing?! You are a lucky girl to get a cricut! I need to sell my little one, so I can get the HUGE one!! Lucky Lucky!! Happy Birthday!!!
Sounds like you had a great birthday. So sorry I didn't call you that day. I totally put my calendar away and forgot like 5 birthdays. I hope you can forgive me. I can't wait to see you.
Happy, happy Birthday!! We need to plan a scrapbook weekend sometime! We miss and love you!!!
Post a Comment