Monday, June 15, 2009

Reeder Roost

This is the Reeder Roost. This is Stu's family cabin, built by his grandfather and his dad's brothers. A lot of love was built into this cabin and I have not met one person that does not love the cabin.
Stu and I decided last minute to get out of town and relax. Stu is taking his state boards on the 16th and he needed a relaxing weekend. Plus the fridge at the cabin was on its last motor leg and Stu wanted to fix it for his Grandma. We called up Josh and Kyrie and extended the invitation and before I knew it, we were heading up to the cabin. We left Friday night after Stu got off work. This meant we left at 8 PM so we arrived around 10 PM. Blue was sleeping on the ride up and he was so cute. Try as I may, I could not get a picture of him with his eyes closed. He hears the click of the camera and wakes up every time!The weekend at the cabin was awesome. We watched tv, played games and just chilled. Stu and Josh set to work on Saturday fixing the fridge. They were successful. Good thing since the fridge kept things cool instead of cold. Now...it keeps things cold.Another nice thing about the cabin is you don't have to dress up. You can let your hair air dry and you don't have to wear makeup. Here is a shot of Kyrie and I in "Cabin Style"Declan (who is 3) the son of Josh and Kyrie LOVED the cabin. He loved being up there and loved spending time with all of us. In fact when we left on Sunday he asked the cabin "What are you going to do when we leave?" I love this kid. He FINALLY was my friend (For about 20 min) and then he didn't want to be around me. Oh well
Family picture of Sarah, Stu and Blue

Family picture of Josh, Kyrie and Declan (Lochlan is not pictured but you can see Kyrie's belly, he is in there ;))

This was Blue for most of the weekend. I think being in a strange place, with strange people he didn't get much sleep. I FINALLY got a picture of him sleeping. Isn't he so cute?

3 comments:

Alison Hixson said...

That sounds so fun! Was fixing the fridge a surprise for Stu's grandpa or did he know about it? That is so nice of Stu to want to fix it. What a handy man! You know if you guys need to kick back our house is just a little bit further away then the cabin....hint hint!!

Ash said...

What a fun get-a-way! I need one:) I bet you are relaxed and ready to go!

Brit said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! Don't worry about Dec... lately he seems to like only boys!! :) We all need to get together this summer... Mike and I miss you both!