Saturday, May 9, 2009

Race for the Cure

It is time again for Race for the Cure. I have been doing this race since 2004 and will continue the tradition till we find a cure and save the beautiful La La's.
Cannon joined Stu and I this year. The morning started out cold but we were in good spirit. A 5k (3.1 Miles) is nothing and we knew we could get done in about 30 min. We met up with Liz and her niece Cassy and found out the starting line was moved from previous years. We found this out about 4 min before the start of the race so by the time we made it to area of the starting line we were stuck behind the walkers. This meant we had to dodge in and out of strollers and kids onto the grass and sidewalks...it was a mess. But we finished in record time (I must admit 3 miles went by so fast I could have sworn we didn't run that many, but Stu assured me we did). Cannon, me and Stu as we waited for Liz to show up
Stu, Cannon, me, Cassy and Liz before the start of the raceCan you see the sea of people? There were that many in front of me too.


The gang at the finish line!

1 comment:

Alison Hixson said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys! I can't believe that you are doing it again! You are crazy!! jk! That is awesome. I think Vaughn and I are doing the 5k on the 24th of July. You and Stu should come and do it with us!!