Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day


Stu and I spent Thanksgiving with my family this year. Surprisingly my mother wanted to cook. I know that sounds funny but my mom is a nurse and when I was growing up she always worked Thanksgiving so most Thanksgivings were spent at the hospital cafeteria or on the rare occasion she didn't work we would go to Denny's or some place like that so she would not have to cook. Well this year, she wanted to cook. Personally I am cool with someone else cooking like Denny's, etc. Because if I am not cooking then I have to help with the after dinner dishes, but it was important to my mom so Stu and I tried to stay positive about it.
Stu had to work for from 8-12 on Thanksgiving and I was put in charge of making the rolls. For those that don't know me very well, I don't cook. So I thought, "rolls...this should be easy" wishful thinking. My rolls came out flat as pancakes. They were nice and round while they were baking, and the heat just flatten them right out. I should have used Rhodes rolls then I would not have had this problem, but whatever. Stu got home, we took out the hot flat rolls, loaded up Blue and headed to the parents house to drop them all off.
Family tradition in my house is that we see a movie on Thanksgiving. This year I chose "Four Christmases" because it looked funny. I hated the whole movie. Stu like it but I hated it. I was so embrassed by the content of the movie. Everything was sexual bases, and I am there with my family, it was terrible. After the movie we headed home for dinner. To pass the time while the turkey finished cooking we played the new Guitar World Tour for XBox 360. It was way fun, a lot of cool songs!
After dinner was cleaned up the ads came out. Yes...my mom are Black Friday shoppers. We found some places we wanted to go to and started to make the list. To be continued on the next post...

The family after our Thanksgiving movie

No comments: