Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Okay so I am not as crazy as some Black Friday shoppers. I don't camp out for a deal, I am not even the 1st person in line. I show up when the stores open and pray for the best. This year my mom and I decided 5 am for Smith's Market Place would be where we started. We showed up and the line was quite long. Luckily we only had to wait in the cold for about 5-7 min and the doors opened and the people started to file in. 1st order of business was electronics. I wanted to get the new Music game for Wii. Electronics are ALWAYS crazy and this year was no exception. I weeded in and out of people to the Wii games and saw the game I wanted. There were only 3 left so I did the lean over as far as you can even if that means leaning on someone to get the 2nd to last game. WHEW...
As I was heading to the board games (buy one get one free) I saw a movie I wanted to get...$6.50 was all it was so I picked it up. Now this year my mom and I decided to forgo pushing carts and baskets so we brought our grocery re-usable bags- much easier to carry so I added the movie to my bag. To save you all the details, when I checked out (with quite a lot of stuff I might add) I didn't realize that movie fell under the ads I had in my bag, so when I beeped when I walked through the electronic device at the exit, no one came to see why so we walked out. It was not till about 10 min later while my mom was getting gas at the Smith's that I realized I had beeped because of that movie. I had stolen a movie. I felt terrible. I told my mom what happened, ran back to the store so I could buy it. I picked up another movie so I could use the $4 off coupon and left with not only my stolen movie but another one I wanted (Stu can give it to me for Christmas) and off we went.
Next place we stopped at was Target. It was also crazy because a good majority of their movies were ranging from $3.99-$5.99 so my mom and I stocked up. Much to my dismay, the movie I bought at Smith's was on sale for $8.98 at Target so I bought it thinking I could take the 1st one back to Smith's and get a refund (which I did).
Shopping was great today. I was up at 4AM and got a deal on almost everything I bought. I usually end up buying stuff for me (all those great deals) but this year I actually got presents for other people.
I spent the rest of my day cleaning my house and organizing everything to make way for all the new presents we would be getting for Christmas. I love Black Friday!

1 comment:

Pilchers said...

I actually went shopping this year for the first time on blackfriday. It wasn't that bad. I got some great deals on toys for the kiddos. For some reason it wasn't that hard for me to get up early to go shopping.