Utah vs. TCU-Black out game
Today #8 Utah hosted #12 TCU at home. The game was an evening game. I had given my ticket to one of Stu's best friends Josh. I knew that Josh would appreciate the game more than I and besides I had tickets with my mom to see Jekyll & Hyde at the local community theatre.
Lets start with Jekyll & Hyde. AWESOME! I can't wait to see it on a professional stage. The music and story was beautiful. I found myself falling in love with the characters. All the main characters has the most beautiful voices and they made the cast. If you get a chance-this play is a must see.
Lets finish with the Utah / TCU game. As I mentioned it was a black out game. The Utes unveiled their new black jersey's. Most of the time a Ute fan would wear red since red is the primary color. However, the University of Utah colors are actually white, red and black. So the fans showed their support by all wearing black.
As told by Stu-
The game was very emotional. Neither TCU or Utah seemed to be able to pull ahead. Defense dominated the game on both sides. But the real winners came out on top. The evening started out cold and TCU had the 1st score of the game with a field goal. The mood lightened somewhat after the first score but the fans continued to energize the team. By half time Utah was 3 and TCU had earned a touchdown earning a total of 10 points. In the third quarter Utah posted another field goal which brought the score to 6-10 which led most of the Ute fans to think that winning would be cold day in hell. But it seemed to get colder with about 2 minutes left in the game. TCU botched 2 field goals and Utah ended up scoring a touchdown which meant it really WAS a cold day in hell :) TCU tried to stayed in stay in the game, but Utah intercepted the ball which ultimately meant the game was over. Cold but over enthusiastic fans rushed the field to congratulate the team with the games end. Utah won 13-10 making Utah the outright Western Conference Champions (Yep thats right BYU fans...OUTRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Lets start with Jekyll & Hyde. AWESOME! I can't wait to see it on a professional stage. The music and story was beautiful. I found myself falling in love with the characters. All the main characters has the most beautiful voices and they made the cast. If you get a chance-this play is a must see.
Lets finish with the Utah / TCU game. As I mentioned it was a black out game. The Utes unveiled their new black jersey's. Most of the time a Ute fan would wear red since red is the primary color. However, the University of Utah colors are actually white, red and black. So the fans showed their support by all wearing black.
The game was very emotional. Neither TCU or Utah seemed to be able to pull ahead. Defense dominated the game on both sides. But the real winners came out on top. The evening started out cold and TCU had the 1st score of the game with a field goal. The mood lightened somewhat after the first score but the fans continued to energize the team. By half time Utah was 3 and TCU had earned a touchdown earning a total of 10 points. In the third quarter Utah posted another field goal which brought the score to 6-10 which led most of the Ute fans to think that winning would be cold day in hell. But it seemed to get colder with about 2 minutes left in the game. TCU botched 2 field goals and Utah ended up scoring a touchdown which meant it really WAS a cold day in hell :) TCU tried to stayed in stay in the game, but Utah intercepted the ball which ultimately meant the game was over. Cold but over enthusiastic fans rushed the field to congratulate the team with the games end. Utah won 13-10 making Utah the outright Western Conference Champions (Yep thats right BYU fans...OUTRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
The final moments of the game..

6 comments:
I will let you enjoy this victory for the Utes. No trash talk from me this time!! (just wait until they play BYU!!) Love ya both! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!! YAY!!!
I LOVE your description. We had to watch from home. Thank goodness for 52 inches of football heaven! See my post on this directed to my much-beloved BYU friends.
Oh how sweet victory tastes!!!! Bring it on BYU. 10 - 0!!!! Stu I had a lot of fun, thank you Sarah for letting me go to the game with Stu. It might have been cold but the UTES burned the house down!!!
GO UTES!
Wow! Thank goodness you are not the type of friend who gloats or throws things in people's face- Phew, cause that would be really annoying! (Love ya)
You are cute to skip the BYU game and jump straight to the MWC champions. One more game to play my good friend.
I was snooping in Page's friends and fam and found you! I want your puppy! Looks like my old dog! -Ashley (Page's sis, not the baby, but you better remember me!)
Post a Comment