Thursday, November 20, 2008

"And the Lion feel in love with the Lamb"-Edward Cullen

Twilight premiere!!

Tonight at 11:59PM- me along with a billion other screaming women will get to see the premiere of the movie Twilight.

Our tickets had been purchased for about a month. The shirts arrived in plenty of time and the weather outside was beautiful (not that the weather mattered much but still I wanted to make that note). With the movie starting at 11:59 PM Liz and I decided to get our group together at 9:30 PM for some appetizers and some pre-twilight bonding time. We met at the Sky box; 10 women and 2 guys in a room FULL of guys watching sports. Good times. After our appetizers were devoured, we headed to the movie theatre. Inside the theatre it was INSANE. I have never seen so many people in one place to see the same movie. Of course everywhere you turned you ran into a Twilight fan and even on occasion you would seen one lone man with his Twilight girl looking for the nearest exit. Stu wasn't looking for the exit, he was looking for the nearest couch to catch some shut eye before the movie.
We arrived with about 45 min before the start of the movie so we did what girls do best, take pictures. Here are a few shots of the night:


Liz, Mom Royall, Sarah & Leah in their Twilight shirts



Twilight Girls: Liz, Sarah and Leah



Leah, Sarah, Stu, Trevor & Karly


Now the report: (No spoilers included)

Overall I liked the movie. It is hard to cramp a 500 page book into 2 hours and I did leave wanting more. With that being said, I think the movie was well done for the budget, time constraint and weather problems they faced through out all of filming. I liked it so much that I will be seeing it again on Saturday with some other friends that did not get to see it at midnight. I think the movie is worth seeing to anyone that loves the books. Just keep in mind, 500 pages into 2 hours, some things had to be adapted or deleted. A side note, when we got of the movie around 2:30AM the movie theatre was still packed. I forgot there was a 2:45AM showing. Now those fans are INSANE.

And my favorite shirt I saw tonight:

"Twilight Girls are HOT!!!" You know it!!

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Not a fan or anything... but I liked the gumption of the two guys to wear those shirts and try to make something out of having to see such a girly-movie. Creative - I love it!