Sunday, August 15, 2010

Shakespearean Festival

Stu and I decided to expand our love of the arts and to go down to Cedar City and see some plays at the Shakespearean Festival. We packed up the car, loaded up the dog and headed down to Cedar. We went to dinner with my dear friend Hillary and Rich for dinner before our first play. We checked into a 'pet friendly' hotel, but since it was Blue's first time in a hotel we were nervous about leaving him during the play. Luckily he was a good boy and didn't tear anything up at the hotel while we were away.
Our first play Friday night was Much Ado About Nothing, Stu and I had never seen this and we LOVED it. It was soo funny and the actor's that played the main characters MADE the whole play. I never thought I would enjoy a Shakespeare play as much as I did.
Our second play was a Saturday matinee, The 39 Steps a play based on Alfred Hitchcock movies. The play was very funny and full of character. When you only have 4 actors for the whole play the diversity they displayed with character, voice and clothing changes-was just brilliant.
Overall we had a great time. We topped off the adventure with a trip to St. George to visit the grandparents Saturday night.
Stu and Sarah outside the 'outdoor' theatre

Waiting for "Much Ado About Nothing" to begin

Blue's first time in a hotel.

1 comment:

Page said...

I love it! What a good dog, I think our new puppy would have eaten everything including the bedspread! Sounds like such a fun trip! Want to know something funny, I've never gone to the Festival, lived there 5 years and never went, weird- although 1 time I did go to Price is Right....