Saturday, August 7, 2010

I have done it!

We are doing the Biggest Loser at work. And although I want to lose a few lb's, I knew I would never win because I don't have much to lose. So me and 2 other managers set 'fitness' goals for this challenge. My goals were to run 10 miles per week, get shoulder muscles and to run a half marathon in 2 hour - 2:05 hours.
Since all the half marathons have sold out I found one that was this Saturday. Liz ran it with me last year and HATED it. So I talked Cole into running it with me. We signed up Monday and before I knew it-Saturday arrived.
I have not been training for a half and the last half I ran was last year, so I was nervous about getting my goal because I had one shot at it.
Needless to say I am proud of what I accomplished this fine Saturday day. I think taking advantage of the down hills and only stopping to walk when you go through the water stations helps. My final time for my 13.1 miles was 1:56:53! I will TAKE it!
Cole smoked me, he came in at 1:38, this kid was built for speed!

Coleman and Sarah after the race

1 comment:

Alison Hixson said...

Way to go! That is so awesome! I just can't imagine running for almost 2 hours straight. I just can't wrap my head around it! You are amazing!!