Monday, February 16, 2009

Doggie Day Care

Don't laugh...but we have put Blue in Doggie Day Care.

Currently with school and work, Blue is by himself all day 2 days a week. Starting this week that bumps up to 3 days a week. So whats the big deal you might ask? When Stu and I get home after Blue has been by his self all day, he is usually so hyper and honestly, Stu and I would rather just relax then to play with the dog. I started to feel really bad about this so we started looking into daycare.

We found a place close to our house that was $15.00 a day for day care. Blue however had to go 'try out' to see if he would fit in with the other dogs. This day care has dogs ranging from 10 lbs to 180 lbs and they all have to get along. So we took Blue today since Stu and I both had the day off and he passed the 15 min test. YEAH. The next step was to have Blue stay for 6 hours and see if he would do okay.

Later that day I picked up Blue and they said he did just great and was in! I was so proud, my dog was accepted to the cool kids club! YEAH. I really think this will help Blue with his fear aggression and help him get more social. The great thing about this place....it has a doggie cam so I can watch him all day and see how he is doing. Is this what it is like to be a parent?

5 comments:

Alison Hixson said...

Not quite, but close to being a parent! That is great that Blue is getting lots of interaction now! I can't believe they have camera's so you can watch them all day! What a great idea!

Sonia said...

That is so cute of you to worry about him being bored. You responsible parent, you! I love the cameras idea - how fun to check in on him!

Ashlee said...

I fell the same way, (about wondering if being dog parents is the same) I love that you are so much like me with blue as I am with Liz!!

Ash said...

I dont think it is the same. If you want, you can take my 3 for a while and see:)!

Page said...

I actually think it is a great idea. I always feel sad when we are gone so much. Baila is so old and feeble, I know she gets lonely. I never heard of a doggie day care. Maybe I should start one!