

The University of Utah is the main sponsor the the Body World 3 exhibit and tonight was employee night. The University gave each employee 2 free tickets for the premiere. If you are not familiar with Body Worlds it is an exhibit of real human bodies that have gone through a plastination process. Plastination is where the bodily fluids and soluble fats are replaced with reactive plastics that harden and then all the tissue structure is retained. Pretty cool huh?
This one is called "The Hurdler"This exhibit was AWESOME, words can't even begin to describe how neat it was to see the human body in a new light. One thing that Stu thought was awesome is they had a human head that was in the exact shape (of a head) but it was only of the blood vessels that are in the head. I thought it was cool to see the small intestine stretched out.
If you can see it for your self the exhibit is in Salt Lake till January http://theleonardo.org/bodyworlds/index.php
Here are some cool facts we learned about the human body: - It takes about 1 minute for a red blood cell to circle the whole body
- The skin secretes antibacterial substances. These substances explain why you don't wake up in the morning with a layer of mold growing on your skin - most bacteria and spores that land on the skin die quickly
- 1.5 litres of saliva are produced each day
- The right lung is slightly larger than the left
- The highest recorded "sneeze speed" is 165 km per hour

2 comments:
I am so excited to see this! Levi and I were going to go last weekend but our plans fell through! Hopefully we can make it this weekend, I have been waiting to see this for quite awhile, and I am even more excited now that you guys gave it a good review! Thanks!
Wow! I saw an advertisement for this while we were in Salt Lake and told Vaughn that I would like to go. Hopefully we'll be able to sometime before January!! I think it looks so interesting!
Post a Comment