Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ute Football-do you bleed Red?

Saturday night was the 1st home game for Utah. Stu and I hold season tickets for the 2nd year in a row and Stu was so excited for Saturday and for the game. Utah was playing UNLV (University Nevada Las Vegas)

Before the game we tail gated at our house-roasting hot dogs and watched the BYU / Washington State game. Sorry all you BYU fans. Utah is going to win this year in the big rival game (it will be my 1st rival game that I will have attended and I am super excited)

We all boarded the train to take us to the stadium and arrived just before the kick off. UNLV made the 1st touchdown with Utah quick to follow. Then it was UNLV again and then Utah. After the 1st quarter ended and the 2nd half began-Utah dominated the whole game. They ended up winning UNLV 42-21. Utah is still undefeted.


Overall the gang had a great time..Up next-Weber State


Stu and Sarah at the game



Stu, Sarah, Josh and Mike


Josh, Hyrum and Emily on the train



Sarah, Stu and Mike on the packed train coming home



6 comments:

Hillary said...

You guys are always having a party. Live it up while you can. I'm totally jealous. Could we trade lives for just a weekend, pregnancy and all? I think that would be plenty of time, I'd really miss my kids after that! I love you guys and hope we can see you soon.

Alison Hixson said...

Oh, Sarah. You are so mistaken! BYU is going to take the game this year, again. Sorry to rain on your parade! Love ya anyway!

Oh and BYU is still undefeated too! ;)

Tiffany said...

SOOOOO FUN!!!! We are UTE fans all the way!!! Enjoy the season!!!!

Josh, Kyrie, Declan and Lochlan said...

That game was Awesome I had a lot of fun. Crowded train full of UTE fans and the anticipation of a big home winn after scraping past Michigan was incredible. Thanks for the B-B-Q and we definately need to do it again!

Page said...

Hey love, while we aren't exactly Ute fans (true blue through and through) I have to say that I have been cheering for Utah the last 2 games. I can't stomach UNLV at all!! As for the BYU/Utah game, we'll see....go cougars!

Tim said...

STUUUUUU!!!!!!