
This is the 4th year Liz and I have done Race for the Cure. It is the 2nd year for Stu, Leah and Cannon and Karly (Stu's sister) joined us for her 1st year.
This race in Salt Lake City is a big one. Roughly 10,000+ people turn out to walk or run this 5k (3 miles).
I do not personally know of anyone that has had breast cancer so I was not running for 'in memory or celebration of'. This year as I was running I looked at the back of each person I passed to see who they were running for. A best friend, a sister, a mother. And to my delight most of these names were "in celebration of" meaning they beat breast cancer.
I told Stu today that I wanted to make this a yearly tradition and do this with our kids each year. He grumbled at me because he was still tired :)
Cannon, Stu, Sarah, Leah, Karly & Liz
This was taken at the starting line..this is a sea of people

No comments:
Post a Comment