Saturday, May 24, 2008

The big 3-0


Today marks the big 3-0. I woke up this morning to 30 long stem roses and Stu making me homemade waffles. What a way to wake up!

For my birthday party, we were invited to an 80's theme party at the Marshalls. Before the party began, one of my birthday gifts from Stu was a pedicure. After the pedicure we went to my birthday party. The party was perfect. Almost every dressed in 80's themed even the little kids. We ate, listened to 80's music, played 80's video games and had an 80's theme trivia. I am ashamed to say I did terrible on the trivia. See some of the trivia below and see how you would have done: 1- Q: What budding screen star made his big-screen debut in Nightmare on Elm Street, as the victim of a man-eating bed?
2- Q: What was the only NFL team to win three Super bowls in the 80's?
3- Q: What John Hughes film featured an amorous foreign exchange student name Long Duk Dong?
4- Q: What sitcom topped the T.V. ratings four seasons in a row, starting in 1985?
5- Q: What 1985 computer puzzle was built around 7 shapes of four blocks each, refereed to as I, T, O, L, J, S and Z?

1- A: Johnny Depp
2- A: The 49er's
3- A: Sixteen Candles
4- A: The Cosby Show
5- A: Tetris



It was a fabulous birthday, the perfect way to bring in a new era!
















Stu and Sarah getting pedicures
















Sarah, Kristie, London & Michelle in 80's theme





















6 year old Natalie & McKenna get into the 80's




Krisite & Sean Marshall (love the shorts)

Sarah's birthday cake (made out of cupcakes)- Care Bears

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a killer party. I'm bummed I had to miss it. Glad you had such a fun birthday weekend.

Anonymous said...

So am I missing all of the good parties or what????!!!!
Sorry we couldn't come, we were out of town, May is very busy for us so we had to celebrate lots of birthday's in one weekend.
I hope you had a great Birthday!!!!