Saturday, May 17, 2008

Book Signing

Stephanie Meyer the author of the "Twilight" series just came out with her new book "the host". For those of you that have not read it...you should. It is a really good book. I read the 619 pages in 4 days. I could not put the book down.
I have never been to a book signing before today. Leah, Liz, Liz's mom Sheila and myself went to Highland High School for Stephanie Meyer's book signing of "the host". If you have never been to a book signing before..let me tell you how it works.

1-Must have a ticket to enter....check
2-Must be willing to wait for hours to have Stephanie sign your book...check
3-Must scream like an adolescent boy when you Stephanie comes out, and by just as shy as one when you meet her...check
4-Must treasure the one book that is autographed with your name in it forever...check
The book signing was really neat. The only downer was that with so many people and so many books to sign, Stephanie only spoke for about 20 min answering pre asked questions that could have been found on her website. I was hoping she would read some from the book..to hear her read her own words..but what do you do. Overall we really had a great time.



Leah and Sarah waiting in line to get our books signed








Stephanie Meyer signing copies of her books













2 comments:

Alison Hixson said...

Was the Host really good?! I would ask you if I could borrow your copy, but now that it is autographed I wouldn't dare! That is so cool that you got to go and see her! I'm way jealous!!!
Love ya!

Kim and Company said...

I've heard great things about her books! Glad to know you are still reading. ;-) Love you!