Saturday, April 10, 2010

Racing again


I was not expecting to race this year, but since my body had other plans-I was able to race again. My first race was with my racing buddy Liz. She is trying to get into the St. George Marathon and needs to complete 2 races in St. George to qualify for the marathon. For her 2nd and last race (to qualify) asked me to join her for this 10K with her brother. Although I had not been training for any race I was more than happy to join her.
We headed down to St. George, picked up our packets and went to my G & G house for some dinner and sleep. The next day we picked up Matt and set out to Hurriance for our race. The weather was perfect and for the most part I felt good. My official time was 56:59. Not bad for my first race of the year and my fastest 10K to date.
Liz and Sarah after they picked up their packets
Race day. Don't we look like angels?? (all in white)

Matt, Liz and Sarah at the starting line

1 comment:

Ash said...

Well as much as I may say YEAH FOR YOU!!!...can I just say how fun it was to get to work! What usually is a 4 min drive to work and home, became a 22 minute drive. They said the race brought in lots of money. Wish I could see some of the cash :) The weather was great though!