Sunday, August 2, 2009

Isn't it Grand?

Stu joined his dad and brother in law for a weekend trip to the Grand Teton's in Wyoming. They didn't just go to look, they went to conquer. They climbed this massive mountain and lived to tell the tail. The elevation of the Grand Teton's is 13,770. I don't know about you, but I think I would need oxygen to make it a quarter of the way up. Here are some pictures Stu took with his iPhone. Not too bad of a camera. In case anyone was wondering how long it takes to climb...2 days and about 20 hours of hiking.

At the top of the mountain looking South

Teewonade and Jackson Lake
Top of the Grand Teton
Looking towards Jackson Hole Wyoming

Garnet Canyon. This canyon was formed from retreating glaciers about 15,000 years ago

2 comments:

Alison Hixson said...

Way to go Stu! Sarah, I am sure you could do it. If you can run a marathon, you could do it with your eyes closed, arms tied behind your back and probably missing one leg!

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to climb the Grand Teton. Looks like a lot of fun. How is the marathon training coming?