Wednesday, April 15, 2009

3 things about April 15th

April 15th
1-Taxes
2-Snow
3-Wicked
1-Taxes-they are due today. Lucky for us we filed way back in the first of the year and have spent a good majority of our refund already.






2-Snow-that is right, it snowed today. Regular blizzard here in Salt Lake City. Where is spring?

Snow!

3-Wicked-I have been looking forward to this play since June 2008 when we bought our tickets. We dressed up and went to dinner (Sushi) and arrived in time to sit and get ready for the start of the play. We had excellent seats in the grand tier and I brought my binoculars so for me the play was 'up close and personal'. Stu took me to see Wicked 2 years ago in Denver and it was a delight to see it again. I remember the big parts but forgot all about the small details. We got all the original cast (for this production) except for Elphaba. We got her 'stand in'. At first I was bummed we did not get the original Elphaba for this production, but her stand in was FANTASTIC. She looked and sounded just like the original Elphaba played by Inda Menzel. The play was so great and I am so excited to hear from all those friends and family members that have not see it yet, to see if they loved it as much as I do.

The Wicked sign on the marquee

Stu and Sarah in front of the Wicked sign outside the Capital Theatre

Stu and Sarah sitting and waiting for the play to begin

What you see when you first walk into the theatre

5 comments:

Liz Royall said...

I am loving the pink shirt on you!!! HOT!!! I am glad you liked it! I can't wait to see it myself!

Brit said...

I'm so jealous you guys went to Wicked!! I want to hear all about it! ...we need another friends' weekend get away!! Don't you think?

Ash said...

What a fun date!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to TALK all about it! Of course you have to wait since we don't go til the 29th. WOO HOO! I can't wait. P.S. You DO look HOT in the pink!

Alison Hixson said...

Lucky, lucky girl! Vaughn and I are jealous! Sounds like you guys had a great time!