Saturday, April 18, 2009

13.1 = Half

Today my fellow running buddy Liz and I took on the Salt Lake 1/2 Marathon (13.1 miles). This is one race we had not done yet. I was a little nervous about the weather since it has been snowing all week, but the weekend cleared and race day was perfect weather.

Liz and I stayed close together the whole race but by mile 10 I was spent and I just wanted to be done. My feet hurt really bad. I left Liz and ran on ahead so I could be done. I also knew that Stu was waiting for us close to the end and I wanted to see him. Stu was our only support for this race. If you ever have a chance to support a runner; do so. As a runner myself- knowing that you have a support group at the end of the race is what helps you finish a race. You race to the end to see all those yelling your name.
Liz and I both did great on our race. I came in at 2 hours 7 min and Liz came in at 2 hours 9 min. Starting this month we have a race every month till October. Hopefully we can get those great bodies we have been talking about with all this running :)

Sarah and Liz at the Salt Lake Expo picking up our racing packets


Sarah on the home stretch


Sarah and Stu right after the race

Liz and Sarah were happy to get their medals!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! You did awesome! Let me know when and where your next race is. I'd love to come cheer you on.

Hillary said...

Hurray for you. You did great.

Sonia said...

You amaze me girl! I don't think I could ever do it.