Stu and I had been back to see Ron and Nancy in August of 07 but with his last semster starting in 09 we knew if we didn't make it back in December on school break it would be late summer 2009 before we made it back.
December in Virginia was awesome. While it was snowing in Salt Lake we had about 50's everyday except for one. Stu and I were able to see Appomattox (the place where the treaty to end the Civil War took place) and go to a Christmas Program at a Baptist Church. Ron and Nancy took us to their house on the Greenbrier Estate in West Virginia. The Greenbrier has so much history. It was a beautiful hotel both inside and out and the Rodgers house was equally as beautiful. Ron and Nancy took Stu and I to many wonderful restaurants and spoiled us rotten. We were grateful they let us make them dinner one night. :) We were also blessed to get to know Lana more. Lana is Ron and Nancy only daughter. While at the Greenbrier we got to take a ride on a horse drawn carriage, tour the bunkers, go bowling in the private bowling alley, have tea during the daily "high tea" in the grand ball room, and eat a ton of good food. 
Stu and Sarah in front of the McLean House where the treaty was signed to end the Civil War
Inside the McLean house- the parlor where the treaty was signed
Nancy, Sarah, Stu and Sheila at the Baptist Christmas concert
The front of the Greenbrier hotel. Isn't it beautiful??
Poinsettia trees are a signature tree during Christmas. Picture was taken in the front lobby at the Greenbrier hotel
Don't you love the colors?? Hot pink and black. Most places were hot pink and neon green
Stu and Sarah in the grand ballroom
Lana, Sarah and Stu after we went bowling
West Virginia- picture taken from the Rodgers front porch
Sarah, Stu, Nancy, Ron and Randy at the Boonsboro Country Club
Sarah with the Rodger dogs, I am holding Lucy, Baron is the brown Australia Sheepdog, and Maggie is the black dog

3 comments:
Looks so great! Your story with the Rodgers family reminds me so much of my grandma. You are alike in that she also makes friends EVERYWHERE she goes!
Looks like you guys had a blast!! I'm glad you're back... now we need to have a date night!
How fun! I am so glad you guys had fun and the weather was good for you! I hope everything went well for Stu's surgery. Oh I have some pictures of the boys for you. They were going to go in the Christmas cards, but since those didn't go out I need to remember to just get them to you!! Love ya!
Post a Comment