
Stu's gallbladder removal surgery was a success. We had to be to the hospital by 7AM on Tuesday to check in. Since Stu's surgery was going to be at the UofU hospital and I work there, I asked him if he would mind if I worked while he was in surgery. I might as well get some things done while he is under the knife. The surgery went well and there were zero complications. The worst part (for me) was waiting for Stu to feel good enough to go home. There was a snow storm coming and going all day and I wanted to get him home during the 'going' stage. We finally left the hospital around 1:30PM. Another difficult part was driving really carefully so I would not hit any bumps in the road. This turned out to be harder than I thought. You don't realize that the road you always drive is full of pot holes, till you are trying so hard not to hit them. We finally made it home just in time for Stu to loose whatever he had left in his stomach. We got him to bed and he slept the rest of the day.
On a more upbeat note: Karly Stu's sister got engaged yesterday the 23rd. It was quite the party at our house. Stu's mom and dad came out to see Stu and Karly and Mike came over to show off her ring. Everyone was in our room sitting on our bed (good thing we have a king). We are so excited for Karly and Mike
*The picture above is to illustrate just how small the gallbladder is compared to the liver. The gallbladder is really more of an 'accessory' that aids the liver in the moving of the bile- so not really a critical piece. Stu is grateful it is gone, although he wanted to keep the stone to make a necklace for me. Thankfully he forgot to ask the doctor before surgery and the stone was sent off with the gallbladder.

No comments:
Post a Comment