On this day 2 years ago, Stu proposed to me. Starting last year on August 4th we decided to make a tradition and take a picnic to the same spot that he proposed. We kept the tradition alive this year and brought Blue with us.
To recap how Stu proposed, he took me to the same spot his dad proposed to his mom. This spot happens to be above the B in Bountiful. For those not familiar with Bountiful to get to our engagement spot, you have to 'off road' for about 20 min and then hike down quite an decline to get to our engagement rock.
Blue seemed to be having fun except when he took off after some birds and I got scared that he would fall off the mountain. Stu was more nervous about the rattlesnakes that would be lurking. Overall our anniversary tradition was wonderful. I am so thankful for Stu and feel honored that he asked me to be his wife. Love you honey
Stu, Blue and Sarah

The view from our engagement rock. (The Great Salt Lake)


2 comments:
That is so sweet! I love the idea to continue every year.
I know, I am a sap, but I think that these things are so important. Life can be hectic at times, so something like this can remind you of how and why you fell in love in the first place.
You guys are awesome!
That is so cool that you are keeping the tradition alive! I can't believe it will be 2 years in January. Time goes way too fast! My running has come to a stand still. I am nursing some nasty blisters on my heals, but once they are healed I fully intend to pick back up! I'm proud of you for running 19 miles already! You are probably way past that like up to 36 miles or something outrageous, but way to go!! You're a machine!!
Post a Comment