Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Movie Review

Hellboy II
The golden army


For my dad's birthday Stu and I decided to take him and my mom out to dinner and a movie. The original plan was to go see "Get Smart" which I was super excited about. Our 'birthday date' was postponed by a week and because of that a new movie called "Hellboy II The golden army" came out. I saw previews for this movie and thought how stupid it looked. A big red man with corks on his forehead, where is the appeal? It just so happens my dad was interested in seeing this movie.. Of course. Since it was his birthday we went and saw it. Hellboy II was in fact a sequel and none of us saw the 1st one (so why are we seeing this movie again?) so I had to get an update on the original plot from my boss. Red man is the son of the devil (corks are his horns that he shaves down), and he is part of a paranormal task group that fight evil people. I would like to stress again that I had zero desire to see this movie.

Last night dad, mom, Stu and I saw Hellboy II. I hate to admit it, but I really enjoyed it. I was looking forward to the hour and half nap, but I was so caught up in the story line, the humor and the AMAZING costumes and special effects that I don't think I even blinked. Believe it or not I want to rent the 1st Hellboy to see what I missed. I guess it goes to show you not to judge a book by its cover. The red devil man, funny. Hellboy II The golden army, worth seeing!

3 comments:

Alison Hixson said...

I don't know if I told you this or not, but I love your new page!! It is soo cute! Can't wait to see you guys this week!! We are going to party hard!!!

Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Hellboy 2 was fun... for sure that director has an amazing imagination, reminded me a lot of his work in Pan's Labyrinth

Anonymous said...

Okay so Hell Boy 2, yeah yeah yeah, but then scroll down about a mile to see all the Hawaii pics...are you trying to make us all NOT want to come check out your blog? You stinker!
Thanks for the comments about the 5K...I thought you might offer some help. I really want to get more serious about it! Tell me what to do coach! I miss you too. You me and Kristie need some girl time!
love ya, Chelle