I grew up in Utah and I learned how to drive in Utah, so you would think that when it snows in Reno Nevada, I would know how to drive in the snow here. I found out later...Reno doesn't really plow the roads. Not like Utah. They will do the MAIN roads, but side streets-nope. You are on your own.
It snowed and I had to teach at the gym. I figured I am out I will kill two birds with one stone. I needed to get my labs drawn so I was just going to hit up the lab place and go home. I was no prepared with how far away the lab place was, and on top of that when I got there...THEY WERE CLOSED. As in permanently!! I was sooo frustrated. I figured there was another lab place close by so I would go there. But as I got out onto the road, I realized I didn't and couldn't get much traction. I had to go up a small hill so I was trying to gun it so I would not start sliding backwards into the postal man (or women I found out later). As I got to the top of the hill I was going to fast down the other side and could not slow down. What an awful feeling knowing that your daughter is in the car and you are going to crash. I guess the one bright side is I crashed into a pole instead of a car so the damage done was only to our car. Hannah was so scared by this and started to cry. The post lady stopped to make sure we were okay and we were, just spooked. I realized that although I was out of the way of the cars, I was still in the middle of the road, and I could not back up. I kept sliding. I called Stu to tell him we were stuck and he came to the rescue. A nice man that was walking by offered to help. I asked him if he could get my car off the road. He got in the car and Hannah started to scream bloody murder. Not only was she in an accident and scared from that, but her mom let some stranger into the car and she was having nothing of it. Finally this nice man did get the car un-stuck and we pulled to a side street. I thanked him and he went on his way. Stu finally arrived and drove the Corolla home while Hannah and I got into the SUV.
Seriously...I can't believe this happened to me. I guess Reno welcomed me this winter by this crazy accident.
Can you see the damage the stupid pole did. I was only probably going 7 MPH. Thank goodness it wasn't faster.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so glad you both were ok...at least physically! Hannah will probably be scarred for the rest of her life, but at least there aren't any visible scars! Jk!
Post a Comment