Thursday, October 17, 2013

Visiting Aunt Le Le

There is a great possibility that my sister Leah could be deployed.  We haven't seen her since March and with possibility of her coming to visit us-we went to her.  Stu was not able to get off work, so Hannah, Cole and I boarded a plane and went to see the great state of North Carolina:  Where my sister calls home.

In order to get us all there the cheapest we told a little white lie and said Hannah was not 2 yet so she could travel as an "infant in arms".  I was hoping that on 1 of our 3 flights we might have an open seat where she could sit..but alas..that was not the case.  So from Reno to SLC.  SLC to Atlanta and Atlanta to Wilimington, Hannah sat on my lap.  I DO NOT recommend that.  An active toddler on a lap for 6+ hours total..it was rough.  But we made it. 

IMG_2226
Hannah at the airport in Reno
IMG_2228
Cole, Hannah and I on the plane to Atlanta

It was great to see Leah.  She was told she had Friday off but ended up having to work.  That sucked but she got off early and we went to the beach.  It was the first time Hannah had been to a beach.  She LOVED it.  We didn't want her to get wet so we kept 'running' from the waves until I realized that Hannah was getting scared every time a wave came.  So we rolled up her pants and let her play in the waves.  This was not the best played out plan cuz she got SOAKED.  So we stripped her down and let her splash in the waves.  The water and the day (despite being cloudy) was warm.  She of course didn't want to leave when it was time.  I told Stu we need to take her to a beach and let her play.  Hawaii maybe???

IMG_2230
Hannah and Aunt Le Le
IMG_2233
Hannah and Mamma on the beach
IMG_2232
Selfie
IMG_2237
Hannah playing in the ocean with UnCole and Aunt Le Le

Saturday we were going to go to a pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins and carve them, but the weather had other plans.  It rained all day.  So we headed to the local grocery store on base, got some pumpkins and went to Leah's friends house that live on base.  We let Hannah and their son Jensen (who was also 2) paint their pumpkins.  I think they had a great time.  The grown ups, craved theirs.  I knew I would not be good at craving so I was in charge of scooping out the guts.  I actually prefer that to craving...go figure. 

IMG_2243
Hannah and Jenson decorating their pumpkins
IMG_2247
Hannah's masterpiece
IMG_2246
Even Cole got into the action

We left early Sunday and thankfully Leah and her sweet boyfriend Nathan were kind enough to get us and drive us an hour to the airport to catch our flight.   It was so great to see Leah and meet her leading man Nathan, but  Hannah struggled with the time change (3 hours) and it was a struggle for naps and bedtime.  

IMG_2249
On our way home

No comments: