Saturday, October 26, 2013

Happy Birthday to my love

For Stu's birthday this year I had a ton of things planned, but of course-nothing worked out.  There was a slight possibility we would be in SLC which I could have done A LOT with, but we ended up staying in Reno.  Since we don't know to many people and I have not established a babysitter yet for Hannah, or options were limited.  I talked to someone in our ward that is a pilot if he would be willing to take Stu flying (that is Stu's dream is to be a pilot).  He said he would on his birthday, but got called out of town so he couldn't. The foiled my morning plans cuz I knew Stu wanted to watch the Utah game in the afternoon.  So we went to breakfast, he went and ran, we had lunch and he watched the Utes (terrible game by the way).  Dinner was at Texas Roadhouse and we watch the movie 42 after Hannah went to bed (good flick).  I felt like I failed this year, everything is so different when you don't have family that can watch your little one so you can go out and play.  
Stu will still get to fly which he is excited about-I just wish it could have been on his birthday


IMG_2256
Hannah and Daddy 

Stu's mom makes this great birthday treat for him every year.  I have never made it and can be quite tricky to make so I told Stu I would make it but I wouldn't promise anything.  He was sweet and decided to forgo the cake roll and  asked for pumpkin pie whoopie pies instead.  It was much easier to make

No comments: