The night before we had to go pick up our packets. They happened to be at Auto Museum. We got free access that day, so Cole and I did a quick run of the place. I was surprised by how cool it was. They had so many old cars from the years. Even a car from 1890's. Pretty neat.
Coleman delivering the mail
Signs were posted everywhere to not get in the cars. Cole didn't seem to 'see' them. I however was scared to get caught so this was the closest I got to getting into a car
Yeah...we don't know what this is either. But Cole wanted to be friendly
Race Day: The race was at 7:30AM in downtown Reno. I figured this race would be a great-I get to see this new town we moved to and get some miles-- A win/win. Cole started out like a shot and I just started to run. We raced for a few miles around the University of Reno campus. At first...I didn't like this. But the more ran it..the more I liked it. I find that when I run I can sometimes play mental games on myself. If I can see just how many runners are in front of me I start to doubt myself and think how slow I am because there are so many people in front of me. Never mind all the people behind me. So running through the campus blocked the view of the runners in front of me and I raced fairly well.
I got into a grove and discovered I was running faster then I normally do. At mile 6 I was 7 minutes ahead of my normal time. I was on cloud 9!! I don't know why, but the last part of the race I tank. You would think you would just want to finish and give it all you got, but I just crash. So by mile 8 I was back to my normal time. I did however finish in 1 hour 32 min and ran a 9 min mile. That was pretty awesome. I am so glad my brother came to run with me (even though we don't run together) its nice he is there at the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment