Friday, May 24, 2013

Another Year Older, and Wiser???

I love that every 5 years my birthday falls on Memorial Day weekend, so I get to party..ALL weekend long!
Stu has been out of town all week, but was able to catch an early flight and got in at 9AM on my birthday.  It was so great to see him after almost a week of not seeing him.  We were going to go to breakfast, but decided to hit up lunch instead.  We went to City Creek and went shopping for Stu...wait a minute..its my birthday..should I get something?? :)  He had to get something for the Reeder family pictures later next week, so it all good!  We went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory and then went home and everyone took a nap!  
Stu had dinner plans set for that night, but around 3:15 my parents (who were watching Hannah for our dinner night) called to see if we wanted to go out early.  I checked movie times and there was a showing of Star Trek that would work.  So they arrived and we busted a move to Gateway.  We arrived 15 min late, but as it turned out, the previews took a little longer and we didn't miss any of the movie.  I also messed up and the time of the movie was for IMAX 3-D.  Stu was pumped but I did leave a little sick from all that action.  
Dinner was at Ruth's Chris!  Yum..Yum.  Our waiter was great and the whole staff made me feel like royalty.  They knew our last name for the reservation and kept saying "Happy Birthday". Even the table was decorated.  Our waiter offered to 'buy' us a dessert.  Can't turn that down (even through we had a piece of cheesecake at home in the fridge).  Overall..the day was grand.





The next night Stu got all my old friends together and we had Indian Food.  It was so great to see them all especially since we are moving and wont see them very often.

And Sunday...Arrested Development premiere!! And birthday dinner for me at the Reeder house.  What a fun birthday!  The older I get the more I just want to spend time with family.  The gifts are nice :)  But its really about the love ones!


No comments: