Sunday, January 3, 2010

3 Years Already?

Stu and I celebrated our 3rd Wedding Anniversary on January 3rd. Since this day is a Sunday we decided to celebrate Saturday into Sunday. This year it was my year to plan our anniversary-so I got us a reservation to stay at the Hotel Monocco in downtown Salt Lake. We had both always wanted to stay there but never had. We also had dinner reservations that night at Bambara- the restaurant in the bottom of the Monocco.
The hotel was really nice. We arrived in time for the wine hour (5-6PM) but thankfully they had some hot apple cider for us non drinkers. They had roasted almonds and appetizers from Bambara for you to enjoy, it was quite a nice little mingle the hotel does every day for its guests.

The Hotel Monocco where we stayed for our AnniversaryOur suite in the hotel. It was quite nice to just go and relax. We did just what we do at home, sit together on the couch and watch the news

Stu and Sarah at Bambara. Dinner was great. When I made the reservation I told them we were celebrating our 3rd Wedding Anniversary, so we they sat us they gave us our own menu and at the top is read "Happy 3rd Anniversary Stuart and Sarah". The nice thing is that we got to keep it (scrapbook moment). Before we knew it, we had spend 2 1/2 hours at dinner just enjoying each others company at the wonderful atmosphere.

I am very big on keep with tradition and giving anniversary gifts based on the "Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gifts" for each wedding anniversary. Our 3rd year was Leather. Stu got me a passport holder and I got Stu a luggage tag.
Thank you Stuart for the last 3 years. Thank you for all you do for our family. Thank you for loving me despite my faults and thank you for my beautiful life, now that you are in it.
I love you!

4 comments:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! It was so great to see you guys.

Stacie said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time! :)

Brit said...

oh, hooray!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! Looks like you spent it well! :)