Just to give an update on the pregnancy. On Sunday the 24th I start to bleed and got a little nervous about the situation. My mother in law who is an OBGYN nurse got a Doppler to see if could find the babies heart beat. Were we not able to on Sunday.
Monday when the bleeding started again I got an ultrasound to find the heartbeat and found out there was not one to be found. I did find out that I was expecting twins (Holy Cow!!) and that they passed away about 3 weeks ago. They were only measuring 8 & 9 weeks when I was almost 13. It was a sad day for us to find this out and it was sad for our families too.
On Wednesday I had my DNC to remove the babies and was lucky enough to have pictures of my little peanuts (see below)
Althought this is really hard for Stu and I we have had so much support from family, friends and co-workers that a simple THANKS doesn't seem to touch it. The love and support we have been given has meant so much to us. This is a sad thing and we were sad by it. Sad to think we had twins and both were lost to us, but we would like to think that they needed to be together no matter what.
Miscarriage is quite common as I have been told, and I don't wish it upon anyone that has not experienced it first hand. If I had to have my time to go through it I am glad it was now when the mother/child bond was not strong. I can't imagine loosing a child once you made that connection through a heartbeat, or movement. My thoughts go out to those who have experienced that and then lost their child.
Thank you again to everyone for everything. Don't worry if you don't know what to say. Its just one of those things and I know you feel for us and we thank you for that.
So meet my little peanuts (that is what I am calling them). They were too young to see the sex but Stu and I believe we had one of each.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Sarah and Stu, you guys are in our thoughts and prayers. We feel for you guys and want you to know that we love you. We know EXACTLY what you are going thru and if you need anything please know we are here for you! We know that our twins are waiting for us too and maybe our twins are hanging out in Heaven together! We love you tons! Please let us know if you need anything!!
So sorry to hear! While I never lost twins I also miscarried a few years ago. While such a sad thing it does bring some peace to know they are where they need to be. Reading your story made me think of mine, I know it was a boy and I KNOW he is doing something more important right now. Don't forget we are promised that we will be able to raise those children someday. We love you and Jas and I are thinking about you guys!
Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry for your loss! You are in my prayers that you can have a speedy recovery - both physically and emotionally.
You are amazing. I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in our prayers. Let me know if I can do anything at all for you. Loves to you both!
I sure love you guys. It was so fun to talk about motherhood with you last week, Sar! You are ready and it doesn't surprise me that Heavenly Father wanted to give you two at a time. I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you are both handling it like total champs, but my heart goes out to you still.
I'm really sorry to hear this! You both are in our thoughts and prayers...please please if you need anything at all or just a distraction for a little while don't hesitate to call. Love you guys!
I love you guys... I am so sorry that you had to go through such a terrible experience. I hope you know that Mike and I are keeping you in our prayers and we know that you are going to be amazing parents when the time is right. Please call us if you ever need anything... *HUGS*
Well Sarah, you are going to be a great mommy! Unfortunately I do know what you are going through. I had the misfortune of losing one at almost the 5 month mark. It is misery, but survivable. People im sure think I am terribly corny but I have a bracelet with my kids birthstones on it. It has a little white stone as well for my baby girl. I miss her and cant wait to see her. There is comfort in knowing you will.
Sending love your way.
My heart goes out to you both, I love you Sarah.
I just read your blog. I'm so sorry to here about your families loss. You are such a strong and amazing woman!! I love ya!!!
Kim
Post a Comment