Sunday, June 8, 2008
And he played...
Today Stu and I decided to take Blue out to the doggie park to try and get him more comfortable with other dogs. Since we went a little later in the day there were not very many dogs which turned out to be good. As Stu and I kept encouraging Blue to go run around with the dogs he would look and think about it but never run to play. Quite a few dogs came up to 'smell' Blue and Blue returned the 'smelling' gesture and then...all of the sudden, Blue took off with the dog and started to play!! Our dog was playing with other dogs. It was a proud parent moment. He only played for a few minutes with that dog, and then came back to mom and dad which was fine. So we took one more walk around the park and took Blue over to where some other dogs (about 6 dogs) were playing and tried to get Blue to join in. It took some coaching but all of the sudden...Blue started to play with the other dogs and run after the ball that was being thrown by other dog's owner. It was quite the moment for Stu and I to see our dog play with other dogs. Now if we can get him use to other people. One step at a time. I will take what I can get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment