Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Having a puppy




Man and his best friend.





However we learned the hard way that you can't leave a puppy alone in the house for a long period of time. Since we got Blue he has been with either Stu or myself or alone for only about 2 hours between Stu going to work and me coming home from work. One day Stu picked up a double and Blue was alone for 6 hours. Just like a kid, you leave them alone for too long and they get into trouble. Blue..was no exception. I came home to the carpet ripped up. He knew he was in trouble as soon as I got home because he would not even come into the living room. Blue is now not allowed to be alone in the house. Much to my sadness he is crated each night and every time Stu and I are away. I tell you what..this dog is preparing us for parenthood...when we do have a kids in a few years :)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

We learned the hard way too. We left our first dog Jack alone for an afternoon and came home to our couch ripped to shreds! Now if our dog is inside I put him in his kennel even if I just leaving the room to go shower.