Sunday, August 3, 2014

Blessing Day

Abigail's Blessing Day was today.  With the birth of Stu's sister Karly's baby 2 weeks after Hannah, we decided awhile ago to have a joint blessing day in SLC.  It was easier for us to travel back to SLC then to ask family to come here.  So the girls-Abigail and Harper were blessed on the same day.  It was a magical day-Stu did an awesome job with the blessing and SOOO many people came out to support us.  I have such amazing friends and I can't say how enough how much love I felt by them all being there!

My mom made Abigail's blessing dress and made it in the likeness of my wedding dress.  When she made Hannah's blessing dress she used actual material from the train of my wedding dress, but we didn't have any left to use and I wanted to continue the tradition.  So when she told me what she was doing with Abi's dress, I decided it would be fun to wear my wedding shoes to the blessing and when I opened the box-I found material left over from the purple sash I wore on my wedding day...So Abi DID get to wear something from my wedding dress.  My purple sash and the broach that was pinned to it.  

 Our happy eternal family
 Abi and Harper
Beautiful girls in their beautiful dresses

No comments: