Friday, September 13, 2013

Am I crazy??

In my training schedule for the St. George Marathon I needed to run 20 miles this last Saturday (3 weeks before the race).  I realized we would be in Salt Lake for the Utah game.  Running 18 miles the previous Saturday by myself was hard enough..I knew I would struggle to run 20 miles in Salt Lake where it was scheduled to rain.  I knew there was a race the Saturday we were in town and I thought if I did the half, at least I could get 13 miles.  But there was also a marathon.  I thought to myself...could I?  should I?  My actual race is 3 weeks away...is this crazy?  I need to run 20 miles...what is 6 more to equal the 26 miles of a marathon? 

I looked up the race and both the half and marathon where sold out-but you could put yourself on a waiting list.  So I did.  The next day (1 week before the race) I found out I got into the marathon.  I was shocked.  I told Stu (he said I was crazy, but also awesome for doing it) and I called my 2 running buddies Liz and Cole to see if I was really crazy.  They both told me I was awesome and should do it....so I sign up.

Stu was kind enough to fly Hannah and I to SLC the Friday before the race since he had to work and wouldn't be leaving Reno till 4 or 5PM.  That way I could get a good sleep since I had to wake up at 3:30AM race day.  The flight was over an hour delayed since it was coming from Salt Lake and the rain was coming down.  I kept thinking...why am I flying on Friday the 13th.

IMG_2141
We got to preboard and the captain came out and said "what to take a picture".  Hannah would not go to him so we took this picture instead.  See how Hannah is like..."who is this person"

IMG_2142
Hannah and mamma on the plane


No comments: