Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gobble Gobble

This year Thanksgiving was on my side and we decided to have it at our house.  With Leah still in Afghanistan she would be the only one missing from our Thanksgiving feast. Stu was excited to bake a turkey (his first).  And I found all kinds of fun stuff on Pinterest I wanted to try out to decorate the table.  But before we could do anything that day...I signed up for a 10K race with my sister in law Karly that morning.  Karly recently got into running and had done a 5K and I talked her into a 10K.  She ROCKed it and we came in at 1:17 (not to shabby for her 1st 10K)  I was sooo proud of her!

IMG_0993

Karly and me at the starting line

IMG_0995

My brother Cole decided that morning to run the 5K.  He has been trying to get into the top 3 in his age group.  Today he got...4th again!  Must have been the 2 slices of pizza and tall cup of java that slowed him down that morning.

photo(1)

Karly and me at the finish line with Hannah

IMG_5155

I found this on Pinterest.  Get a dollar store plate, paint and write things you are thankful on it.  Bake it at 350 for 30 min and it will be set.  I followed all the rules and it STILL rubbed off-as we were eating.  I was sooo mad!!

IMG_5157

These were also on Pinterest.  They were easy to make, the time that it took was letting the frosting dry.  A lot of my turkeys look kinda...'special'.  But so it my family so it worked out great!  :)

IMG_5158

And...finally...Stu's turkey.  He brined it over night and everywhere we read said it should be ready by X time...It was ready a full 2 hours before that.  So we had to move up dinner.  It was soo juicy and I am soo proud of Stu and his first bird.

1 comment:

Alison Hixson said...

I saw something on pinterest that said what kind of marker to use, because the one that everyone was told to use doesn't stay on the plates....dang, now I'll have to go back to pinterest to find it!