Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring Cleaning begins

Not only am I starting to get the 'nesting' bug but Stu is getting it to. We have NOT done any home improvements on our house since we moved in 4 years ago. Stu has a lot of ideas of what we want to spend our taxes on to improve our house, so I will have to post those pictures upon construction-but in the mean time I have been complaining about our kitchen tile more specifically the grout. How dirty it is. Stu found this hand held steamer on Overstock.com and ordered it. Check out how well it works...

Here is the box of the steamer
Check out the grout, it is sooo dirty

This is just a small section that Stu attacked with the steamer. It is almost like we laid new tile.


This is a shot of the whole area-- you can see the dirty and the clean grout. Crazy huh? It will be a process to clean the whole area simply because the machine is not too big and when you add the water you have to wait for it to heat up, but I think Stu has found a new toy. I caught him steaming the tile this morning before he left for the gym :)

1 comment:

Alison Hixson said...

Wow! That is amazing! What a difference it makes! I almost wish I had tile, just so I could use a cool tool to clean it!